LOGO OF WEBPAGE

What's your best dish you can cook?

Dogwood

What is the best dish you can make? It doesn't have to be too fancy.
Sometimes I make myself a beef dip like they do at restaurants. I'll have the sandwich and gravy sauce and dip in the bread and then I'll make french fries on the side.

I'm an avid cook, so I get a lot of requests for things.

I make cheese bread during the winter holidays. It's basically like a cheesecake wrapped in a sweetbread.
I make a homemade lasagna.... homemade noodles, homemade sauces... it takes me all day.
An easy recipe that I like to make is scones... I get requests for them frequently.

midnight

Avatar is my rainbow bridge baby Ebony
Supporter
Are we counting when we cheat and use sauces?

Non cheat is tuna pasta, basically cook pasta and peas, grate some cheese, mix the cheese and the tuna together with salad cream, then add the he cooked peas and cooked pasta and mix it all together

midnight

Supporter
I'm an avid cook, so I get a lot of requests for things.

I make cheese bread during the winter holidays. It's basically like a cheesecake wrapped in a sweetbread.
I make a homemade lasagna.... homemade noodles, homemade sauces... it takes me all day.
An easy recipe that I like to make is scones... I get requests for them frequently.
I wish I could cook lasagne it has a nasty habit of exploding in the oven if I make it from scratch .....

Dave

I'm great (modesty aside lol) at making pies - absolute pants at making cakes, but pies are my forte.

My best is a cheese and onion flan - it needs the right pasty, cheese, onions, eggs, and my secret ingredient, which is - well, it's secret. Everyone who has tried it gives out a resounding 'wow'. I also make a mean mince and onion pie, ham and egg pie, corned beef and onion pie and one of my favourites, sausage and onion pie. I love the latter with fries and baked beans (Branston beans of course lol). It's not often I get to make them these days, perhaps twice a year, because of the pains in my hands and trying to kneed and then roll the pasty, but I do like to make them.

I also made a lovely lentil and vegetable soup, but not now as I don't have a pan big enough lol. Trying to make it for myself is too much of chore.

Food was something I used to look forward to eating, but these days I see it more as fuel and nothing really takes my fancy. But I do salivate when talking about food lol. :)

Spikey

I can make a really good lasagna and fettucinne chicken alfredo. I've always enjoyed cooking and I watch cooking shows as well sometimes to give me ideas.

I wish I could cook lasagne it has a nasty habit of exploding in the oven if I make it from scratch .....
Just..... how?

pop tv GIF by Schitt's Creek

midnight

Supporter
does not matter how flat i put the sheets on the lasagne it *will* explode .........

Lee

Administrator
Staff member
Admin Team
I make an unreal chicken curry or failing that, roast dinners are always delicious. Especially when you make your own gravy :)