LOGO OF WEBPAGE

What do you do for work?

Dogwood

As the title says, what do you do for work? Are you looking for work? If so, what would you like to do?

I am a cook at a restaurant.

Lee

Administrator
Staff member
Admin Team
I'm an electrician but I am off due to mental illness / digestive problems.

That sounds very interesting and also like lots of responsibility.
It's both. I love solving puzzles. I just started here in early June. They brought me on because they were caught flat-footed when COVID hit and their technology wasn't able to handle working from home and other such stuff that really showed its age. I have started a 4 - 5 year project for them to move most of their technology to the cloud and significantly modernize their operations. I came from a multi-billion dollar global energy company, so I have a lot of experience in I.T. best practice... of which almost none of it they use here. It's nice to be in an organization of 100 instead of 75,000.

Lee

Administrator
Staff member
Admin Team
It's both. I love solving puzzles. I just started here in early June. They brought me on because they were caught flat-footed when COVID hit and their technology wasn't able to handle working from home and other such stuff that really showed its age. I have started a 4 - 5 year project for them to move most of their technology to the cloud and significantly modernize their operations. I came from a multi-billion dollar global energy company, so I have a lot of experience in I.T. best practice... of which almost none of it they use here. It's nice to be in an organization of 100 instead of 75,000.
Sounds good. A smaller close knit team is always better than a global corporation as far as I am concerned.

I am glad you have found employment that makes you happy!

Soulwatcher

Staff member
Mod Team
I don't work and I am on disability because of my mental illness. I haven't worked for about 20 years now.