LOGO OF WEBPAGE

What did you do for self care today?

Lee

Administrator
Staff member
Admin Team
Today I had a long relaxing bath for self care.

What did you do?

Dave

I often give myself a good talking to and remind myself that I am still here to moan about the winds that blow no good - sometimes I even have a full-blown argument with myself (the little imps that sit on my shoulders and advise me to do different things) but I never win, so I just tell myself to get on with it and stop moaning. I won't say that it works every time, but for the most part it gets me focussed onto something that makes each day worthwhile; for example, getting my websites up and running. I'm developing another right now and will post in the appropriate thread when it's ready to roll :)

Dave

Had a healthy home made soup vegetable.
I used to love making soup when my mum was still here, she was an old-fashioned cook and believed in homemade rather than bought. Nowadays I don't have a pan big enough to make soup in and it's not easy making a small panful for one person. Now, I have to make do with Baxter's soups and they do make a nice leek and potato which I treat myself to when the frosty days are here :)

Rosie

I used to love making soup when my mum was still here, she was an old-fashioned cook and believed in homemade rather than bought. Nowadays I don't have a pan big enough to make soup in and it's not easy making a small panful for one person. Now, I have to make do with Baxter's soups and they do make a nice leek and potato which I treat myself to when the frosty days are here :)
Sending hugs, sorry for your loss.

Dave

If anyone loves music (who doesn't?) and they have an Amazon Prime account and an Echo (Alexa) you can create playlists of your favourite songs, give the playlist a name (meditation, or whatever) and then you can say 'Alexa, play my meditation playlist' and your list of songs will play in the order you set them. You can either create your playlists online or you can download the Amazon music app. It's a very simple and easy way to play music. If a particular track is not in the same vein as your mood, you can say 'Alexa, next track'. Other commands are available too, such as pause music, stop music, repeat last track, etc. It's a fun way to enjoy music and you can create as many playlists as you want. Enjoy!

OP
Lee

Lee

Administrator
Staff member
Admin Team
I love my Alexa, couldnt be without it now. I have some smart lighting in my house too which I control with the Alexa.

Spikey

I do my exercising, yoga , Bible reading' cooked meals for today and tomorrow so tomorrow I don't have to cook at all.

Dogwood

I'll be off to work in a few hours but I got most of my weekly chores done today so I don't have to do them the rest of the week.

Latest Posts