LOGO OF WEBPAGE

Tigger update

OP
midnight

midnight

Avatar is my rainbow bridge baby Ebony
Donator
She home now but she still refusing food, if she does not eat by tomorrow the vet said to phone them again cause they might have to give her a appetite stimulant

she very shaky on her legs as well, although she has done a little wee in the tray after i got her home

Lee

Administrator
Staff member
Admin Team
She home now but she still refusing food, if she does not eat by tomorrow the vet said to phone them again cause they might have to give her a appetite stimulant

she very shaky on her legs as well, although she has done a little wee in the tray after i got her home
Glad she us home where you can look after her :) Best wishes that she feels much better soon. *hugs*

OP
midnight

midnight

Donator
I terrified she will starve herself to death

Cats can and do, my first cat came close in rescue

Lee

Administrator
Staff member
Admin Team
I terrified she will starve herself to death

Cats can and do, my first cat came close in rescue
I know, it's scary. I'm sure it wont come to that though, hopefully once she starts to feel a bit better she will start eating again.

OP
midnight

midnight

Donator
She ate a little bit while I was at work, licked the wet food

She is having problems getting in and out of the tray, she cant get her injured leg in.

She has done a poo as well though ❤️

OP
midnight

midnight

Donator
She ate some dry in the night, she had a settled night, she not yet fancied breakfast though

When she eats breakfast I have to give her the meds

Lee

Administrator
Staff member
Admin Team
She ate some dry in the night, she had a settled night, she not yet fancied breakfast though

When she eats breakfast I have to give her the meds
It sounds like she is hopefully doing a little better? :)

OP
midnight

midnight

Donator
She had 2 dreamies treats for breakfast but since then refused anything else after 2 dreamies treats this morning, I at work now so have to see if she ate anything when I get back

I might have to phone the vet again tomorrow morning before I go to work

Lee

Administrator
Staff member
Admin Team
She had 2 dreamies treats for breakfast but since then refused anything else after 2 dreamies treats this morning, I at work now so have to see if she ate anything when I get back

I might have to phone the vet again tomorrow morning before I go to work
Keep us updated. Fingers crossed for her to eat tonight.

OP
midnight

midnight

Donator
i put some whiskas in gravy down for her, she's happily lapped up the gravy but so far has left the meaty chunks, leaving it down for her for when she feels like eating tonight (if she decides to)

if its not eaten up by breakfast tomorrow i'll phone the vet again to see if i can try anything else to get her to eat, any tricks the vets know to get cats to eat

Rosie

Pets at home and other shops do a brand called Applaws it's great for when cats won't eat.
The tuna with cheese is good.
You might have heard of it.
That's good she's lapped the gravy up.
Could you mash up the lumps to see if she'll eat it?
Good luck

OP
midnight

midnight

Donator
Pets at home and other shops do a brand called Applaws it's great for when cats won't eat.
The tuna with cheese is good.
You might have heard of it.
That's good she's lapped the gravy up.
Could you mash up the lumps to see if she'll eat it?
Good luck
I tried her with applaws and even before her leg got hurt she would refuse it, she thinks its "people food" and she doesnt like people food at all

OP
midnight

midnight

Donator
How is Tigger doing today?
She's having to rest a lot today, she got distressed in the bathroom last night so I brought her upstairs to bed, she settled for a few hours then got herself excited and started wanting to jump around so I put her back in the bathroom and settled her in there for the rest of the night. I'm worried that despite having pain meds this morning her leg is hurting from her activity last night :(

OP
midnight

midnight

Donator
She did eat breakfast though which is a improvement

One week and 2 days left before the vet sees her again, her bandage came off and she's having to wear the cone of shame

Lee

Administrator
Staff member
Admin Team
She did eat breakfast though which is a improvement

One week and 2 days left before the vet sees her again, her bandage came off and she's having to wear

Its difficult to get them to rest isnt it. Kitties have a mind of their own and rarely do what you want them too! 😂

Is she doing any better though? Eating and stuff okay now?

OP
midnight

midnight

Donator
Its difficult to get them to rest isnt it. Kitties have a mind of their own and rarely do what you want them too! 😂

Is she doing any better though? Eating and stuff okay now?
she's grazing on her food a couple of times a day, she's still unable to get her bad leg into the tray so is regularly having pee accidents outside of the tray cause she cant get that leg into the tray and she cant work out how to squat properly in the tray with one leg in the tray and one out of it

vet is aware and isnt worried so i trying not to fret over her so much

she was very fretful last night though so i had to bring her upstairs so she could relax, in theory until she decided it was bed mousie playtile and i had to move her back into the bathroom to avoid her hurting her leg worse ❤️