LOGO OF WEBPAGE

Tigger update

midnight

Avatar is my rainbow bridge baby Ebony
Donator
They think she has something physical wrong in there, they called it mechanical lameness, they doing a xray to her this afternoon to try find out why her leg still isnt completely right

i terrified her leg is going to fall off and they not going to be able to stitch it back on cause what if it does fall off while she's in xray :eek: 😭

Lee

Administrator
Staff member
Admin Team
basically this is what she has according to the actual vet not vet google and actual vet says its rare Kneecap Dislocation in Cats
*hugs*

Not nice but at least you now know what it is and can help and manage it with the appropriate treatment. You also now know her leg isnt going to fall off or get infected or anything like that so that hopefully is a weight off your mind.

OP
midnight

midnight

Donator
i cant spell the tech term for it, idk what her future will hold cause what if surgery fails?

Lee

Administrator
Staff member
Admin Team
I guess she will have to be medicated and have her mobility limited when it plays up.

My Luna dislocated her back right hip 4 years ago, we were told that if they popped it back in there was a 60% chance it would come back out. Touch wood, no reaccurance yet - so hopefully a similar story for you :)

OP
midnight

midnight

Donator
At the moment whats happening is as she's moving around its crunching in and out they said

i dont like the fact they said crunching its making me think its breaking bones while its doing it :(

Lee

Administrator
Staff member
Admin Team
I'm sorry your tigger is suffering with this. :(

I read the article, it suggests they have a few options for treatment, which is good.

They can make the groove in the knee joint deeper to sit the knee cap better, or they can fix it in position so it doesn't move.

What did the vet recommend?

OP
midnight

midnight

Donator
The vet said surgery to fix the knee in place

She will have to be in cage rest for several weeks though

She will think it's pet jail when she has done nothing wrong :(

OP
midnight

midnight

Donator
Update from the vet: she was happy and settled overnight and ate and drank happily, she going into surgery now

i nervous for her :eek:

Lee

Administrator
Staff member
Admin Team
I know, that is normal given the circumstances.

I have everything crossed the surgery goes without a hiccup.

Get well soon Tigger.

Lee

Administrator
Staff member
Admin Team
Did they say how the surgery went? When can you take her home? Are you all setup ready for her.

OP
midnight

midnight

Donator
She be allowed home tomorrow morning, I got crate ordered from Amazon, have to keep her confined in one room until it arrives, so I have to get used to having bedroom door shut overnight (I really cannot be shut in a room in the dark)

Lee

Administrator
Staff member
Admin Team
Can you keep her in the crate over night then you can have the door open? :)

Lee

Administrator
Staff member
Admin Team
Ah yes, fair point. Hopefully it comes sooner rather than later.

Rosie

Hi Midnight,
So sorry about Tigger, keeping fingers crossed she will be okay.
Glad she's okay after her surgery.
My cat broke his leg in a car accident, he had to have cage rest. They do cope. I hung up toys and put a comfy bed in plus a small litter tray.
Poor Tigger, I bet Willows missing her and you are.
She'll be home soon.

OP
midnight

midnight

Donator
i just phoned for a update, she being kept in a dark and quiet cage run thing to help her feel safe

she refusing to eat and drink though and they have her on a drip