LOGO OF WEBPAGE

Struggling for motivation

Lee

Administrator
Staff member
Admin Team
I woke this morning and decided to get in the bath, ashamedly for the first time in maybe 7 days.

Afterwards I just had no motivation to do anything at all.

So I haven't. I got dressed, that is it. Didn't brush my hair, or my teeth.

Wondering what the point in actually getting out of bed was.

OP
Lee

Lee

Administrator
Staff member
Admin Team
If my children weren't around I would certainly just go back to bed today.

D

Deleted member 70

Sometimes we can only accept the emotion we have in the moment. We don't need to know why, just accept and know it will pass on ☺️

OP
Lee

Lee

Administrator
Staff member
Admin Team
Sometimes we can only accept the emotion we have in the moment. We don't need to know why, just accept and know it will pass on ☺

Very wise, but part of my anxiety means I must always have answers.

I need plans and structure, which is very frustrating for my family and others that I know.

D

Deleted member 70

There's not always answers that's when radical acceptance is required, when an emotion just is ☺️

OP
Lee

Lee

Administrator
Staff member
Admin Team
I know, but it is difficult for me to process "it is because it is".

It doesn't fit with my need for logic.

D

Deleted member 70

I can understand that, being autistic rigidity, routine and structure is a big trait. But when there are no answers there is only acceptance. Emotions come, stay and leave the important thing is to allow them to leave and not hold on ☺️

I’m sorry you are going through that. Depression is one of the worst things you can go through. Learning to look at the bright side instead of the half empty glass is horrible. What helped me get to that point was a change in scenery. Even if you can start a new habit of going out for a walk once a day with your kids or playing a game outside with your kids. Just seeing the joy in someone else’s face made me so happy. I’m not sure if it would help with you but it is worth a shot.

ALLEGRA

I have had this feeling. What I did was that I wanted someone who can talk and motivate me into doing something.

I took to this site called 7cupsoftea, that gave each person an anonymous listener to listen to out issues without going overboard.

I have had this feeling. What I did was that I wanted someone who can talk and motivate me into doing something.

I took to this site called 7cupsoftea, that gave each person an anonymous listener to listen to out issues without going overboard.
That’s great that you had/have an outlet. Everyone needs an outlet.

Soulwatcher

Staff member
Mod Team
You're not alone I struggle with a lack of motivation too, and I have a hard time getting things done. However, I have a very awesome and understanding wife who helps me with my struggles. I take things day to day and try to get at least something done on my to-do list every day.

P.S. Maybe try what I do and make a list of things that you want to get done every day and try to do one thing on the list every day, big or small.