LOGO OF WEBPAGE

Something *REALLY* good!

This is kind of a companion thread to One Positive Thing which focuses on the little things that happen each day that bring positivity to your life.

This thread though is for the big milestones, something that happened that is a positive in your life for more than a day. It could be for a week, a month, or even years.

Here are two recent things for me:

1. I got a new job in early June and I really enjoy it. I was laid off from my previous job after 13 years there right before Christmas. I wasn't upset with the company, they gave me a significant severance to leave, and I was pretty burned out there anyway. A couple of months later COVID started and I still didn't have a job. Then in June, my now boss called me to set up an interview and it went really well. I enjoy coming to work each day and bringing my expertise to a place that really needs it, and I also get to make this local government work better for the citizens who live here.

2. I am a car/truck nut. They just make me happy and have since I was a kid. I have been looking for a certain hard to find truck for years now and my search got really serious once I accepted my new job. There were only 17,000 of this truck made in 2013, and they are popular with owners so they tend to keep them a very long time to high mileage. One morning I was surfing Autotrader at work (shhhh) and found a loaded 2013 Chevy Avalanche Black Diamond posted with only 12,800 miles on it... crazy low mileage. Even better, it was the same price as other examples I had found with 30,000 more miles. I started the purchase process immediately. Carvana even gave me $2,600 more on my trade than any other dealer was offering, so I felt I got a super great deal. The truck brings a smile to my face every time I drive it. For those of you who don't know, in a Chevy Avalanche, the whole rear of the cab can open up into the bed. I took it on a trip last weekend and the weather was beautiful, so I drove the 350 miles home with the whole rear cab open, blasting my music and singing down the highway. I'm here in my office wishing I could be out driving it now... but I'm going away again this weekend to a cabin in the mountains with my partner for a quiet and relaxing getaway.

http://instagr.am/p/CDzzaqmBcI1/ View: https://www.instagram.com/p/CDzzaqmBcI1/?utm_source=ig_web_copy_link

IMG_2768.jpeg

Lee

Administrator
Staff member
Admin Team
That is a nice looking truck and it seems you got a super good bargain on it too, which is always good.

I've been a right down in the dumps recently, so I needed to read this to remember good things can happen.

Thank you for that! :D

OP
rocketfella307
That is a nice looking truck and it seems you got a super good bargain on it too, which is always good.

I've been a right down in the dumps recently, so I needed to read this to remember good things can happen.

Thank you for that! :D
Sorry you're feeling down. Today is a down day for me too, work has been super busy and I feel like I can't keep up. But I'm looking forward to my weekend getaway.

Soulwatcher

Staff member
Mod Team
I am super happy today, I bought a new skin for my other forum and it's a game-changer for the forum.

P.S. I think its a big milestone because I am going to have the skin for the life of the forum.