LOGO OF WEBPAGE

Positive music to help depression

Spikey

Music is a powerful tool. It can mess with our emotions. I find that when I'm feeling down or depressed sometimes if I put on music with a positive message then it drastically changes my mood and I become happier.

Have any of you tried it? What are your thoughts?

Lee

Administrator
Staff member
Admin Team
Music profoundly changes my mood, so I quite often listen to upbeat and positive music when I feel low or depressed.

Soulwatcher

Staff member
Mod Team
Yes, music helps me a lot. My doctor told me about music 10+ years ago and I have been listening to it ever since. But it doesn't always help.

OP
Spikey

Spikey

Yes, music helps me a lot. My doctor told me about music 10+ years ago and I have been listening to it ever since. But it doesn't always help.

That's true sometimes were just not in the mood to listen to music.

What songs do you all listen to that helps your mood most of the time?

OP
Spikey

Spikey

What type of music lifts you up? I rotate between EDM, Showtunes, and 60s/70s/80s soul
I listen to slot of worship church songs as I am a Christian but I enjoy alot of music. I grew up alot on 80s music which I still like and if I really want to rock out I like pop punk.

Dogwood

I always like listening to classical music (orchestras) especially when I'm sleeping or having a nap it seems to always relax me.

Dogwood

Seeing the CD of Brian Doerksen is one thing actually hearing and seeing him is another. This song is taken from his live concert in his hometown church which is available (or was) on DVD and is very uplifting. Enjoy.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uEBEKVEv4Hs&ab_channel=SamuelMarc

BTW the same song on the CD is strikingly different in musical terms - much rockier.
That seems like a fun concert! Yea bands usually like to do that, they'll make their songs different for concerts and their studio version of their songs.

Dogwood

Classic Cinderella! I haven't seen that movie in ages I'm sure its on Disney + so maybe I will have to see it again sometime.

Edit: The Cinderella soundtrack is also on Spotify!