LOGO OF WEBPAGE

T/W: Self Harm is it okay

Lee

Administrator
Staff member
Admin Team
Hi midnight, please do not hurt yourself. What is going on to make you feel that way? :(

OP
midnight

midnight

Avatar is my rainbow bridge baby Ebony
Donator
the not good enough message that too many people want to hammer home to me :(

Dave

Hurting yourself won't eliminate the 'not good enough' message that people are firing at you; all that will accomplish will be to make you feel worse. Who are these people who keep telling you this? Is it friends, family, acquaintances, workmates? Whoever they are, they have very little regards as to how their words make you feel. Is it possible to cut these people out of your life; would that help? Often getting rid of the cause relieves the symptoms. I understand that it's not always an easy decision to make, but there comes a time in everyone's life when you have to think of yourself first.

I wish you luck on this rocky road you're travelling and always remember that there are genuine people who do care about you and want only the best for you. 🤗

OP
midnight

midnight

Avatar is my rainbow bridge baby Ebony
Donator
Hurting yourself won't eliminate the 'not good enough' message that people are firing at you; all that will accomplish will be to make you feel worse. Who are these people who keep telling you this? Is it friends, family, acquaintances, workmates? Whoever they are, they have very little regards as to how their words make you feel. Is it possible to cut these people out of your life; would that help? Often getting rid of the cause relieves the symptoms. I understand that it's not always an easy decision to make, but there comes a time in everyone's life when you have to think of yourself first.

I wish you luck on this rocky road you're travelling and always remember that there are genuine people who do care about you and want only the best for you. 🤗
its more like peoples actions, they will *say* one thing then treat me the exact opposite to what they said

Dave

its more like peoples actions, they will *say* one thing then treat me the exact opposite to what they said
If you can, you need to get rid of these people from your life; I know that it isn't always possible, but if you can, do so. There are many, many people out there who come across with the attitude of 'do as I say not as I do' - they are sanctimonious people who often try to lord it over others. It's often an attempted means to make themselves feel better, but in reality, they need some help to understand that no one is better than anyone else. We all have worth; we all contribute to the world we live in and we should all be treated with respect. I really feel for you, because I have been through the self-same instances you have, but I've now (after many years of trying) become more assertive and taken back control of my life. That first step is never easy, but once taken well, it's empowering to know you don't have to 'take it' 🤗