LOGO OF WEBPAGE

I am struggling for motivation!

Soulwatcher

Staff member
Mod Team
I am sad, and depressed and forcing myself to do things. But I just couldn't do anything today, I am struggling for motivation! Any of you guys struggle for motivation too?

Lee

Administrator
Staff member
Admin Team
I am sad, and depressed and forcing myself to do things. But I just couldn't do anything today, I am struggling for motivation! Any of you guys struggle for motivation too?
I often struggle for motivation. I'm the sort of person that goes hell for leather at something for a week, then burns out and has no motivation to continue. I have so many half completed projects and things, especially around the home. It is so frustrating for the people I live with.

Setting very small goals for the day helps me not to burn out.

OP
Soulwatcher

Soulwatcher

Staff member
Mod Team
I often struggle for motivation. I'm the sort of person that goes hell for leather at something for a week, then burns out and has no motivation to continue. I have so many half completed projects and things, especially around the home. It is so frustrating for the people I live with.

Setting very small goals for the day helps me not to burn out.
My MO is dive right in and hit it hard until I burn out and never touch it again. I have wasted so much money doing that type of behavior and then I am so sorry afterward.

Dogwood

It's good to have motivation but sometimes we just need to rest and recover. Our bodies isn't designed to power through 24/7. Make sure you have time to rest and enjoy yourself :)

OP
Soulwatcher

Soulwatcher

Staff member
Mod Team
It's good to have motivation but sometimes we just need to rest and recover. Our bodies isn't designed to power through 24/7. Make sure you have time to rest and enjoy yourself :)
Your right rest is very important, today was/is a very busy day and I haven't had much time for anything. But tomorrow I plan on resting the entire day. :D

Lee

Administrator
Staff member
Admin Team
Your right rest is very important, today was/is a very busy day and I haven't had much time for anything. But tomorrow I plan on resting the entire day. :D
It is important to take time for yourself too, dont work too hard! :)

OP
Soulwatcher

Soulwatcher

Staff member
Mod Team
It is important to take time for yourself too, dont work too hard! :)
My doctor just prescribed a new med that's supposed to help with schizophrenia and depression. I am hopeful that it's going to work and that I will have some kind of normalcy in my life.

Lee

Administrator
Staff member
Admin Team
My doctor just prescribed a new med that's supposed to help with schizophrenia and depression. I am hopeful that it's going to work and that I will have some kind of normalcy in my life.
Fingers and toes crossed for you my friend. It can often be a game of trial and error in finding the correct medicine for psychiatric issues. Genetic testing can help massively, but not alot of people can get access readily. There are the private places that offer it here but you cant have it done on the nhs for medicines.

midnight

Avatar is my rainbow bridge baby Ebony
Supporter
i hope the new meds work 😻

my advice is do what you can, if you try do too much you'll only burn yourself out *hugs*

(do we have a hug smilie here? i cant find one)

OP
Soulwatcher

Soulwatcher

Staff member
Mod Team
my advice is do what you can, if you try do too much you'll only burn yourself out *hugs*
For sure, the last thing that I want to do is burn out. I spent a ton of money on all 3 of my website. I don't want them to fail. Because I know for sure that I will burn out and stop posting on them if I overdo it.