LOGO OF WEBPAGE

Gnawing pain in shoulder blade

Lee

Administrator
Staff member
Admin Team
I have had this gnawing pain in my shoulder blade for what feels like an eternity. It moves up and down my back and is often hard to pin point.

The doctor says it is tension, but I am unsure as to the cause. It is most probably a tension ache, caused by anxiety and poor posture on my part.

I think that it might be the cause of the chest pain too.

Soulwatcher

Staff member
Mod Team
Oh wow, that's not good Lee I hope you feel better soon!

P.S. I always get chest pain when I am too depressed.

Dave

Posture can be blamed for many aches, especially in the back. However, you may have some issues in your neck, such as spondylosis or even a trapped nerve. I get an achy shoulder from time-to-time and it's generally associated with issues in my neck as I have cervical spondylosis; an MRI scan will show that as mine did and it was interesting to look at the images and be shown where the pressure points were that caused pain and aches.

I reckon a good massage would help immensely, get your good lady to rub some oil (you can get rubbing oil from most chemists or health shops) into your shoulder and massage it gently but firmly noting any knotted areas and give them some attention.

SinnerSavedByGod

It could be gallbladder problems. Believe it or not, gallbladder pain can sometimes manifest itself as back pain, radiating especially towards the right shoulder blade and even towards the neck and head. I've been dealing with this for the past few months and it's getting more and more severe. I might need to have my gallbladder removed, although the ultrasounds didn't show any stones yet. I'm waiting to see another gastroenterologist soon.
Does the pain increase or decrease before or after you eat? Do you also have nausea sometimes or digestive problems such as constipation or diarrhea? If so, you might want to have an ultrasound and ask your GI about biliary dyskinesia.

OP
Lee

Lee

Administrator
Staff member
Admin Team
It could be gallbladder problems. Believe it or not, gallbladder pain can sometimes manifest itself as back pain, radiating especially towards the right shoulder blade and even towards the neck and head. I've been dealing with this for the past few months and it's getting more and more severe. I might need to have my gallbladder removed, although the ultrasounds didn't show any stones yet. I'm waiting to see another gastroenterologist soon.
Does the pain increase or decrease before or after you eat? Do you also have nausea sometimes or digestive problems such as constipation or diarrhea? If so, you might want to have an ultrasound and ask your GI about biliary dyskinesia.

Thank you, I will mention to my GP.

This pain isn't going away, it goes all the way through front to back in my left pen area. Gnawing type pain. I wish it would go away now.

Latest Posts