LOGO OF WEBPAGE

Favourite type of cake

Lee

Administrator
Staff member
Admin Team
I love a lemon drizzle cake. What is your absolute favourite type of cake to eat?

My favorite type of cake is "More please!". I don't have a sweet tooth, I have sweet teeth.
I love to bake and there is also a locally famous bakery walking distance from my office.

but seriously, chocolate covered chocolate with chocolate filling and a dusting of chocolate is perfect for me.

One of the best I ever had was a dark chocolate cake in the cafe of the Lindor chocolate museum in Cologne, Germany.

OP
Lee

Lee

Administrator
Staff member
Admin Team
The dark chocolate cake sounds amazing. My wife is making a Lemon Meringue pie right now, it smells absolutely delicious.

We are genuinley thinking of starting our own little bakery. Absolutely love baking here too. I make the bread, wife makes the deserts.

The dark chocolate cake sounds amazing. My wife is making a Lemon Meringue pie right now, it smells absolutely delicious.

We are genuinley thinking of starting our own little bakery. Absolutely love baking here too. I make the bread, wife makes the deserts.
I looked into starting my own bakery a couple of years back, but the startup costs are high due to health regulations from the state. You basically have to have a professional kitchen set up separately from your normal kitchen.

I even had a name and a menu started.

OP
Lee

Lee

Administrator
Staff member
Admin Team
Ah our regulations are not that strict, we can use our home kitchen along as it meets hygenie regulations.

We would need an extra oven though. Not enough space in ours!

Foxy

Being diabetic, I can only sample a sliver of cake on rare occasions. If I could indulge, however, my favorites would be German Chocolate Cake, Carrot Cake, Italian Cheesecake, Ube Cake Roll.

OP
Lee

Lee

Administrator
Staff member
Admin Team
My wife makes an absolutely wonderful carrot cake. We are in the process of setting up a small home bakery, which seems to be going well. :)

Dave

Russian cake or BFG - can't seem to get Russian cake these days, but what a flavour; miss it!