Doug is here

Dougal

I'm quarantined since March because of Covid, I live with my aging parents, my mother has a lung condition so we aren't taking any chances by going to stores or out in public unless it is necessary. She might not survive an infection. Quarantining like this is difficult for me as I have Bipolar 1 and anxiety and live in a rural area. Now the little bit I did get out is gone. I'd rather live like this than see my mother sick though.

My hobbies include reading and gardening, and fishing sometimes (although I haven't been out much fishing this summer).

I am pleased to join your forum, look forward to reading and familiarizing myself with the layout and such.

Lee

Administrator
Staff member
Community Admin
Community Moderator
Hey Dougal, welcome to Help Minds Heal.

Looking forward to getting to know you more :)

What is your favourite genre of book to read?

OP
Dougal

Dougal

Well that is a tough question to answer. I am a fairly eclectic reader, almost all fiction though. According to Goodreads my favorite genres are: Adult Fiction, Children's, Classics, Contemporary, Crime, Fantasy, Fiction, Historical fiction, History, Horror, Mystery, Paranormal, Romance, Science, Science fiction, Suspense, Thriller, and Young-adult. I think probably sci-fi/fantasy are my most read genres.

I have a difficult time with my poor memory so most of my reads are "immersion reads" with the audiobook and an e-book or print copy to follow along with. That slows me down quite a bit but I remember what I read as I am not distracted. I like libraries, they are my friends. Lately everything comes from an e-library, I haven't been able to go to a physical library building in some time as they have been closed.

I'm also a fan of Detroit Tigers baseball. It's a strange baseball season this year, I wonder if they will have to shut it down eventually when everyone has Covid?

Lee

Administrator
Staff member
Community Admin
Community Moderator
We paused our sporting seasons in the UK due to covid, but the top football leagues had a must fInish mentality. The lower devisions ended the season how it stood.

Latest profile posts

Lee wrote on Kezza's profile.
Hi! :)
Lee wrote on 21july2008's profile.
Hey Wendy, how are you?
Top Bottom