LOGO OF WEBPAGE

C/W: Weight Loss Dieting leading to eating disorders

ALLEGRA

Lately, we have seen a spike in dieting habbits taking its extreme in the form of bulemia and anorexia nervosa.

The potential alternatives of taking up ketone diets and intermediate fasting seems to have very less effect on those who wants to come to zero size within days.

Do you experience this urge to completely skip food? Ever had any brief episodes of bulemia?

21july2008

Hello...I have an eating disorder...mine is all about controlling my food intake as when my life feels out of control I feel good is the only thing I can control ..I will try to go all day not eating then eat a tiny amount on an evening...

Yes, I have been doing intermittent fasting that way I do eat but it is not as much.I haven’t done it the last few weeks but I am about to get back on the horse here soon cause I was moving and now I’m at this new place.

Kezza

I suffer with an eating disorder most of my life and its definitely a control thing for me as well. I've been a week without food of any sort, I had just fluids ie coffee or water. This is something I would never do again tho. The time I did this was when I was my most unhappy time probably just before I left my ex husband. I got quite poorly and had to re train my stomach by just taking slim fast just for the nutrition till I could tolerate food again. It messes up your insides and I lost over a stone in a week. My weight goes up and down like a yoyo, I've been obese and far to skinny. I dont think I will ever change tbh as if I have a bad day I dont eat or I have to force myself to have food. I love food but my mind tells me lots of different things when it comes to my body. I'm a massive overthinker and suffer with anxiety which is some of the problem. Be kind to your body give it what it needs. Just remember your never alone.

Reactions: Lee

Lee

Administrator
Staff member
Admin Team
I suffer with an eating disorder most of my life and its definitely a control thing for me as well. I've been a week without food of any sort, I had just fluids ie coffee or water. This is something I would never do again tho. The time I did this was when I was my most unhappy time probably just before I left my ex husband. I got quite poorly and had to re train my stomach by just taking slim fast just for the nutrition till I could tolerate food again. It messes up your insides and I lost over a stone in a week. My weight goes up and down like a yoyo, I've been obese and far to skinny. I dont think I will ever change tbh as if I have a bad day I dont eat or I have to force myself to have food. I love food but my mind tells me lots of different things when it comes to my body. I'm a massive overthinker and suffer with anxiety which is some of the problem. Be kind to your body give it what it needs. Just remember your never alone.

Have you had any sort of therapy or spoken about these issues with a medical professional? I think you could benefit for some therapy aimed at controlling eating disorders and this would also try and teach you tools to deal wth anxiety.

Hope you are keeping safe.

Kezza

I spoke about it with my therapist about it a couple of years ago, it helped but I'm also now on tablets to help with anxiety which has helped so much. Like I said I don't think my eating habits will ever change but I do know that I cant starve myself as causes massive health issues that I'm still dealing with. I just find its something I can still control in my life.

• Hug
Reactions: Lee

Lee

Administrator
Staff member
Admin Team
Yes, starving does cause health issues that is for sure.

Glad you have found a medication that works for you! :) Would you mind sharing what medication it is?

Kezza

Sertraline 50mg so not to high but enough to calm the thoughts. Just makes me a bit dizzy headed and tired sometimes. My reactions are not as quick as they use to be but I can live with that lol I still use meditation as well.