LOGO OF WEBPAGE

Audio Therapy, anyone does it personally?

Naiwen

I’m currently listening to some gentle nature sounds and white noise for my mindfulness and self-care routine daily. It’s monochromatic sound smoothes me way more than any music I find. They’re called white noises. I also do yoga, physical relaxation exercises, breathing exercises and guided meditation 10-15 minutes daily with “Meditation Nest”, a mindfulness app that I’m paying 21,49$ a month, finding it quite helpful with stress and anxiety relief. I’m also paying Deezer Premium 13,79 a month after tax for audio books, radio stations and my nature sounds.

Lee

Administrator
Staff member
Admin Team
I have used white noise to help me sleep in them past. I'm not sure if it helped or not, I didnt really stick with it for a long time. Do you find it helps to calm you?

OP
Naiwen

Naiwen

I have used white noise to help me sleep in them past. I'm not sure if it helped or not, I didnt really stick with it for a long time. Do you find it helps to calm you?
Yes it does more than music for me anyways.

Dave

Meditation is an incredible experience if you go deeper. Create a special place in your home and surround yourself with your favourite items and make sure that you cannot be disturbed. Burn some incense - find the one that works best for you by trial and error - light a candle and spend some time looking into the flame before closing your eyes and focus on the sounds/music you feel most relaxed with (best without vocals) and something that has a consistent rhythm that you can harmonise with mentally. Spend at least 15 minutes and up to half an hour in a meditative state all the while breathing steadily. Always remember to ground yourself first and then let your spirit guide you to wherever it takes you. Come out of your meditative state slowly and gradually. Each time you do this think deeper until you find that state that separates mind from body and you will discover how calming and restful this can be.

There's a ton of mediative music and sounds out there and a massive amount of it is free - use Google to find it. I'll have a look later and post some links for you so you can go discover.

OP
Naiwen

Naiwen

Meditation is an incredible experience if you go deeper. Create a special place in your home and surround yourself with your favourite items and make sure that you cannot be disturbed. Burn some incense - find the one that works best for you by trial and error - light a candle and spend some time looking into the flame before closing your eyes and focus on the sounds/music you feel most relaxed with (best without vocals) and something that has a consistent rhythm that you can harmonise with mentally. Spend at least 15 minutes and up to half an hour in a meditative state all the while breathing steadily. Always remember to ground yourself first and then let your spirit guide you to wherever it takes you. Come out of your meditative state slowly and gradually. Each time you do this think deeper until you find that state that separates mind from body and you will discover how calming and restful this can be.

There's a ton of mediative music and sounds out there and a massive amount of it is free - use Google to find it. I'll have a look later and post some links for you so you can go discover.
Thank you, @Dave.

Dave

Here's one place to try:

Another ...

And one more ...

There's loads more, use Google to find them. Enjoy :)

Soulwatcher

Staff member
Mod Team
I listen to music when I am depressed and not feeling good and it usually makes me feel somewhat better.

I very much enjoy ASMR for sleep and relaxation. There are LOADs of ASMR Artists on Youtube and you need check out many of them before you find one you like. ASMR only really works if you use headphones. To many people, ASMR seems weird because many of them involve the ASMR artist talking to you conversationally or making noises in strange ways. You don't need to watch, just listen, however some people find there is an additional benefit to watching. I just put them on and set the phone face down and listen.

I'll link you a few of my favorites:

Whispered Face Massage - My favorite and most watched of all

Singing Bowls Guided Meditation

Head Massage with various objects