LOGO OF WEBPAGE

Anger, Frustration, Rage, and Anxiety

All on tap today and it's only 8:20 am my time.

I've been boiling since at least yesterday morning. I've been under a lot of stress at work and with family over the last 2 - 3 weeks.

At work, they've never really had much of an I.T. presence before I joined, just someone who scurries around and fixes immediate problems. Now that I'm Acting Director, I keep finding a lot of bad stuff that needs to be fixed pretty quickly. Then I fix one big problem and 10 more become apparent.

And though I am primarily in Information technology, I've also just been put in charge of monitoring the election policy from the county as it applies to the municipality I work for. So now I will have to also help with the organization of polling locations in the run-up to the US Presidential election.

This is on top of the major cloud migration project I'm trying to get done by the end of the year.

With all of that, my grandmother isn't doing well. Her cognitive function has declined rapidly in the last 10 months. I visited her 3 weeks ago to help move her into assisted living. This past weekend I was there again to help clean out her apartment, but she didn't remember my visit from 3 weeks ago. Right now I have a house full of extra furniture and stuff that I brought back from her apartment that hasn't been put away yet. But for some reason, my boyfriend invited friends over this evening and his sister to come to stay with us over the weekend.

This morning I was nearly in an accident in my new truck when someone stopped suddenly in front of me and my rage is popping and anxiety spiking. If you have read my other posts you know that I get sensory overload when I'm anxious, and the clucking from all the women at the office is already getting to me, noise-canceling headphones are already in my ears.

I texted the BF that after his sister leaves he's not allowed to schedule anything at the house for at least a week or maybe two. If he wants dinner with friends or family, he can do it at their place.

I just need to get through the next few days.

Lee

Administrator
Staff member
Admin Team
I'm sorry you are feeling this way, but it really isnt surprising with all the stressors in your life.

I hope your boyfriend listens and gives you the space you need to relax after the weekend is through and that your work stress gets better soon.

I'm so sorry to hear about your grandmother, it is horrible watching them decline like that - a similar thing happened to my grandfather a few years ago.

OP
rocketfella307
I'm sorry you are feeling this way, but it really isnt surprising with all the stressors in your life.

I hope your boyfriend listens and gives you the space you need to relax after the weekend is through and that your work stress gets better soon.

I'm so sorry to hear about your grandmother, it is horrible watching them decline like that - a similar thing happened to my grandfather a few years ago.
Thanks. I've made a decision on a bidder for my cloud project and it is more than likely going to get the municipality sued which means I'm going to have to be deposed. I have to write the rejection letter today and send it to the solicitors for review.

Lee

Administrator
Staff member
Admin Team
Thanks. I've made a decision on a bidder for my cloud project and it is more than likely going to get the municipality sued which means I'm going to have to be deposed. I have to write the rejection letter today and send it to the solicitors for review.

What do you mean deposed?

Sounds super stressful, I hope you are having plenty of relaxation time after work :)

OP
rocketfella307
What do you mean deposed?

Sounds super stressful, I hope you are having plenty of relaxation time after work :)

It means that I need to sit in front of lawyers, both theirs and my own, and testify as to why I made the decision I did. I'll have to collect evidence and turn it over to them.... and it's all because one of the bidders was lazy and didn't meet all of the requirements of the project but decided they're entitled to be the winning bidder because they are our current vendor. They kicked up a fuss that I didn't just hand them the contract without competative bidding in the first place.

They keep trying to call my boss and tell me how bad I'm doing, but thankfully my boss is on my side and doesn't believe a word of it.

Lee

Administrator
Staff member
Admin Team
It means that I need to sit in front of lawyers, both theirs and my own, and testify as to why I made the decision I did. I'll have to collect evidence and turn it over to them.... and it's all because one of the bidders was lazy and didn't meet all of the requirements of the project but decided they're entitled to be the winning bidder because they are our current vendor. They kicked up a fuss that I didn't just hand them the contract without competative bidding in the first place.

They keep trying to call my boss and tell me how bad I'm doing, but thankfully my boss is on my side and doesn't believe a word of it.
Oh wow, that does sound stressful.

I'm sure you will have the documentation present required to back up your decision and nothing to worry about.

It is great news that your manager has your back, all too frequently that does not happen.

OP
rocketfella307
Oh wow, that does sound stressful.

I'm sure you will have the documentation present required to back up your decision and nothing to worry about.

It is great news that your manager has your back, all too frequently that does not happen.
Even better than documentation, I have video. 😬