LOGO OF WEBPAGE

A second lockdown?

Lee

Administrator
Staff member
Admin Team
Do our UK based members think we will have a second lockdown and if so, do you think it will be as strict?,

How long do you think it will last?

I cant imagine the effects a second lockdown would have on the nations morale and mental wellbeing :(

Our governor in Pennsylvania is starting to make noise about it. We've seen an upswing in the infection rate and the number of available ICU beds is dropping and the number of people on ventilators is rising. According to the news this morning, we trend about 3 weeks behind Europe. We were the 3rd or 4th state to go into lockdown back in March and I think our Governor will do it again if it starts to get bad and hospitals get overloaded.

Soulwatcher

Staff member
Mod Team
We are probably going to go into a second lockdown in Michigan. Our new cases are around 1500~2000 a day and the hos[itals are getting full.

P.S. I have no idea how long it will last this time.

Rosie

I hope we don't have another lockdown.
I have a feeling we will and it might be longer than the first lockdown.

OP
Lee

Lee

Administrator
Staff member
Admin Team
I hope we don't have another lockdown.
I have a feeling we will and it might be longer than the first lockdown.
I hope you are wrong, I dont think I could cope with another lockdown :(

Kezza

We are quite low on covid down in Thanet at the moment so I don't think we will go into lock down just yet but I'm sure we will as I can see it getting closer.

Dave

From the body language and verbal language from our Prime Minister, he is adamant that there will be no further National Lockdowns; however, this situation we find ourselves in with this damn pandemic is so fluid that anything is possible. I do believe that regional lockdowns are essential where the virus is rapidly spreading; there's no sense in locking down regions where the virus is low as that will have no effect on how the virus spreads elsewhere.

The virus spreads for one reason and one reason only, people getting into contact with other people, so if the virus is spreading it's the people who are spreading it; if only people would follow the guidelines (in some cases the law) then we can manage this damn virus until a more effective means of getting rid of it comes to the fore - i.e. a working vaccine.

I don't like saying it, but the elderly and those with underlying health conditions (and there's millions of us) are the ones most at risk of dying from catching this menace and the current trend from a lot of people (those less likely to die from the virus) is moving towards a stance of "let the ould buggers take their chances and let the rest of us get on with it" a somewhat callous stance considering that the young will be old themselves one day.

If there is one thing that has emerged from the pandemic is that it has brought out the worst in many and the best in others; shame the scales were not evenly balanced.

Catsmother

From the body language and verbal language from our Prime Minister, he is adamant that there will be no further National Lockdowns; however, this situation we find ourselves in with this damn pandemic is so fluid that anything is possible. I do believe that regional lockdowns are essential where the virus is rapidly spreading; there's no sense in locking down regions where the virus is low as that will have no effect on how the virus spreads elsewhere.

The virus spreads for one reason and one reason only, people getting into contact with other people, so if the virus is spreading it's the people who are spreading it; if only people would follow the guidelines (in some cases the law) then we can manage this damn virus until a more effective means of getting rid of it comes to the fore - i.e. a working vaccine.

I don't like saying it, but the elderly and those with underlying health conditions (and there's millions of us) are the ones most at risk of dying from catching this menace and the current trend from a lot of people (those less likely to die from the virus) is moving towards a stance of "let the ould buggers take their chances and let the rest of us get on with it" a somewhat callous stance considering that the young will be old themselves one day.

If there is one thing that has emerged from the pandemic is that it has brought out the worst in many and the best in others; shame the scales were not evenly balanced.
You said everything on how I feel too.

People don't stick to the Guidelines, If people do as they are told then we will beat this,

At the moment I am in isolation because I went to Spain, My next door neighbours on the other hand haven't stuck to any guidelines at all, They have parties, loads of people visiting, loud music, Karaoke, the list is endless. It is those kind of people that peeve me off greatly.

Rant over :)

Dave

My next door neighbours on the other hand haven't stuck to any guidelines at all, They have parties, loads of people visiting, loud music, Karaoke, the list is endless. It is those kind of people that peeve me off greatly.
I quite understand your angst towards your neighbours, it's the likes of them that make it more difficult for others and also to control the spread of the virus. It's this 'I couldn't care less' attitude that has become a blight on society. We live in very strange times and it doesn't look like things are going to improve for while in respect of the virus, even longer for society to do an about turn and start caring more for each other.

Catsmother

I quite understand your angst towards your neighbours, it's the likes of them that make it more difficult for others and also to control the spread of the virus. It's this 'I couldn't care less' attitude that has become a blight on society. We live in very strange times and it doesn't look like things are going to improve for while in respect of the virus, even longer for society to do an about turn and start caring more for each other.
I agree.

I shouldn't let them get to me but I can't help it. It peeves me off when the likes of us stick to the rules.

Kezza

Working where I work I see loads of people with I couldn't care less attatude and like you I abide by the rules but then see people not, It makes me so angry but hey ho

Latest Posts