Welcome to Our Community

Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

bloody computers

Discussion in 'Anonymous Area' started by Agricola, Jul 8, 2017.

1. Agricola

Agricola Moderation Team
    Staff Member

god my computer is just freaking out at the simplest tasks tonight and is totally pissing me off

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

arrrrrggggghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Don't have a computer so don't have that problem thank goodness!! Hope you get it sorted soon

Agricola likes this.
  4. Agricola

Agricola Moderation Team
    Staff Member

it seems that the times you want to quickly get through stuff online is the time that your computer decides not to want to play, that happened to me when i started this conversation, i was trying to access an online learning course that i need for the organisation im part of. It took 40 mnutes just for me to log on with me being booted out about 10 times, then asking for passwords then not recognising passwords then after a further 20 minutes of logging on it announced that i was in the wrong area of the site then shut down. grrrrrrrr. I finally logged on in the right area to be told that i needed to download an attachment before i continued, i downloaded it then the computer blocked the download, i managed to bypass this setting then finally opened the link clicked on it and was at last at the starting point for the e learning course, its taken me an hour and 40 minutes to get to this point. the site informed me the course is 30 minutes long and that there was a time limit to the course.
    Great i thought 30 minutes no problem i can do that. so i clicked on the course to begin, then the computerr froze. I took a deep breath and had to restart the computer, this time it only took 15 minutes to get to the start of the e learning this time it started then on the first page it informed me i had to disable blocks for pop ups and refused to go further, i did this and it started again, this time i realised that there was an audio commentary as part of the course. It was going well but then i realised it had been going on not for half an hour but i was an hour in and only half way through, its 12 midnight by this time. I carried on and had to download a lot of documents and print them out, thankfully my printer was working fine, i got to the 2nd to last page of the course when suddenly a message pops up saying, sorry we are closing down the site due to progamming maintenance and wont be available again till monday lunch time, it was now friday midnight. At that point i just gave up lol.
    Its monday and i tried the site again i got on to the site to be told that my previous session had not saved correctly and i had to start the course all over again lol, at this point i started to giggle a bit then to laugh and then to cry. Finally i got through the course to the end it took an hour this time not thirty minutes and i have now qualified as a event officer, a job ive been doing for 10 years anyway without the qualification. Oh well there you go, there are several other courses that have been recomended to me but i think i will have a rest for a week before trying to do them lol as i value my sanity.

5. Lee

Lee Administrator
    Staff Member

Sounds like a good idea @Agricola

Did you know you are posting this in the anonymous area but not selecting to be anonymous?

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

thought it did it automatically ahahahahaha

7. Lee

Lee Administrator
    Staff Member

Nope, you have to select it.

Did you read the how to guide I posted today? :emoji_slight_smile: